Create an automation by example
First, let’s talk about Task Completion Rules. You can set rules to ensure that tasks are completed in the right order. This helps you maintain control and keep things running smoothly.
Next up, we have Form Field Response Rules. These allow you to dynamically adjust your process based on the information entered in form fields. For example, if you’re onboarding a new client, you can have different steps depending on the size of their company. Less than 20 employees? One stream. 20 or more employees? A different stream. It’s that flexible!
Lastly, we have Approve/Reject Rules. With these rules, you can automate the approval process and ensure that nothing gets stuck in limbo. Approvals can be a breeze with Tallyfy!
Form-field rule example
Now, let’s dive into a Form Field Rule Walk-Through to see how it works in action. Imagine you’re onboarding a new employee and you want to tailor their orientation process based on their role.
Here’s how you can set it up:
- Create a template for your process and define the steps. In this case, we’ll have Step 1 for sharing employee details and Steps 2 and 3 for scheduling training or orientation.
- Add a form field in Step 1 for capturing the employee’s role, using radio buttons with options for “field worker” and “office worker”.
- Apply rules to Steps 2 and 3 based on the form field response. For example, if the employee is a field worker, only Step 2 (field training) should be shown. If they’re an office worker, only Step 3 (office orientation) should be shown.
- Launch your process and let Tallyfy do its magic!
Once the process is in motion:
- Only Step 1 will be assigned and visible at first.
- After the employee selects their role in Step 1, the relevant step (2 or 3) will be assigned and shown. The assigned person(s) will be notified accordingly.
- The assignee(s) can simply click on the task link in their email to complete the assigned step.
It’s that easy! Tallyfy helps you automate and customize your processes so you can focus on what’s important. Give it a try and see the difference it can make in your workflow!