Every organization uses dozens of different software tools to manage their day-to-day work – and business process management (BPM) is simply one part of it.
To get most out of your BPM software, it needs to have integrations with the rest of your tools. Otherwise, you’ll never be able to fully automate or streamline your processes.
For old-school process management software, this can be extremely expensive and time-consuming. Your engineers would have to manually integrate the software with the rest of your tools.
The new wave of BPM tools, however, makes business process integration significantly easier. Most can be connected to your favorite SaaS tools without even needing to write a line of code.
You're probably wondering who we are. Tallyfy is a product that simplifies and automates your business processes. It's the secret to running smooth operations. Instead of creating process diagrams (which nobody looks at), documentation (which you can only read and never action), emails, chats and chaos - you can create and run any process in your company within seconds.
Settling for basic and cheap project or task management tools is the biggest mistake you can ever make. You get what you pay for. If you try to save a cent - you will lose a dollar. Wasted time (at $40/hour) is far more expensive than the cost of software. There's a huge difference between process management and project or task management. Processes relieve stress, make things predictable - and help you grow and become efficient. Projects and tasks are just ad-hoc, unpredictable chaos.
It's important to understand that context before you carry on reading. Successful people are smart enough to fundamentally change the way they work "right now" and amaze themselves and everyone else with new ideas. You can stop fighting uphill battles every day immediately - and drive more personal success in your career by introducing the modern way of creating, tracking and even enjoying tasks with your coworkers.
Anyway ... sorry for the interruption! Let's resume the rest of the article.
What’s Business Process Integration?
Business process integration is the capability to integrate your BPM software with other systems.
This function is essential if you’re looking to get the most out of BPMS. Ideally, you’d want to automate or streamline your processes end-to-end, which is impossible with only one system.
You might want to, for example, kick off an onboarding process within your BPM software as soon as there’s a new client entry in the CRM.
There are 3 different types of business process integrations that make this possible…
- Process Trigger – Event happening in a certain system triggers a process in your BPM, as with the onboarding example.
- Pull – The data is automatically transferred from any given system to the BPM, allowing for participants in the process to make use of it.
- Push – Transferring the data from the BPM to a different system. So for example, if the process in question is hiring, it could be the transfer of the successful candidate’s data to the HRM system.
No-Code Business Process Integration
If you wanted to integrate your Legacy BPM software with other systems, you’d have a very hard time.
You would actually have to hire a team of engineers to tie the different software tools together using APIs. For those without a tech background, this means that the engineers would have to put a lot of work & code to get this to work.
Are you interested in truly useful analysis of the latest trends in business tech and ops? Talking from the Trenches is published once every 2 weeks by Tallyfy and it's unmissable. You'll be smarter and better informed automatically. So - don't leave this page without subscribing to it.
Anyway ... we'll continue from where we left off above.
As a given, this can be both extremely expensive and time-consuming.
If you’re using one of the newer BPM solutions, though, there might be a workaround to this.
So, Instead of spending time and effort on creating integrations manually, you might want to pick a BPM provider that works with Zapier. This can especially come in handy if you’re using more than 2 systems since this makes business process integration significantly harder.
Instead of having to bother with connecting all those systems together, you just focus on making everything work through Zapier.
Tallyfy – No-Code BPM Software that Supports Process Integration
Tallyfy is one of the best up-and-coming process management solutions.
The software comes with integration to Zapier, making it significantly easier to connect all of your different systems.
In addition to that, Tallyfy comes with a handful of new features that makes it stand out from your average Legacy BPM software…
- No-Code Platform – The older BPM software is known for being extremely hard to use. You need specialists to set up & configure your processes, as well as provide special training for your employees to be able to work with the system. Tallyfy is built with simplicity in mind. Just about everyone in your organization can create and work with processes.
- Cloud-Based – On-site software takes a lot of engineering power to set up. You’d need a specialized team who’d spend a lot of time making BPM work for you. This, as a given, can be expensive and time-consuming. On the other hand, since Tallyfy is based on the cloud, all it takes to start working is a quick registration.
So, if you’re looking to adopt business process management within your organization, give Tallyfy a try. It’s free to start!