This is about the strengths and weaknesses of Newgen Software BPM along with a viable alternative for Newgen (Tallyfy). Much of it is borrowed from Gartner, with some portions edited and cleaned up.
Newgen Software’s platform has its roots in document-centric processes, but has evolved to add iBPMS capabilities. Newgen’s iBPS v.10.3 is composed of OmniFlow v.10.3, OmniDocs v.8.0 and the Newgen Enterprise Mobility Framework (NEMF) v.3.2. The following analysis refers to Newgen iBPS v.10.3.
Strengths of Newgen Software BPM
- Newgen iBPS integrates Newgen’s business rule and CEP engines with its process orchestration engine to enable the execution of intelligent business processes. It also offers seamless integration with the company’s own enterprise content management (ECM) and customer communication management suites. In addition, the suite provides adaptors for Microsoft SharePoint and other mainstream ECM offerings.
- Newgen has industry expertise in the finance, insurance, government and healthcare verticals. Newgen provides robust internationalization and localization capabilities. Applications can be built in for the global market. It has seen strong adoption in the Middle Eastern and Asian markets.
- iBPS Mobile, built over NEMF, manages mobile interactions within processes, allowing process initiation and process participation from mobile devices (native iOS and Android apps are available). The UI also is available via an HTML5-responsive web interface.
Weaknesses of Newgen Software BPM
- Although Newgen customers Gartner surveyed indicated an overall high level of satisfaction with the product and return on investment, compared to the other products evaluated in this research, the implementation cost of consulting services versus software licenses was more heavily tilted toward services.
- Although Newgen has a strong presence in the Middle Eastern and Asian regions compared to the other vendors we evaluated, it has seen less adoption in the North American and Western European regions.
- Although Newgen can use the native capabilities of mobile devices and can be integrated with biometric sensors, it does not bundle or include prebuilt adaptors for IoT (excluding mobile devices) integration and IoT analytics services (IoT event stream processing).
Alternative to Newgen BPM — Tallyfy
Problem — old BPM makes modelling complicated
A great alternative to Newgen would be the ability to model processes simply. Just because you have some big BPMN model doesn’t make you clever or useful. In the end, people can/will still have to actually do the process, which comes down to email/spreadsheets (unless you want a 6-month IT project). It’s simply ridiculous to use BPMN in today’s age — where people collaborate and don’t follow flowcharts anyway. Any alternative to Newgen must entirely remove the use of flowcharts and in particular — BPMN. Unlike what you’ve heard about BPMN — it’s not a “standard” at all — as each vendor creates their own flavor of it. This makes the much-touted “standard” and “portability” aspect of it next to impossible to achieve.
A bit about Tallyfy
Are you looking to automate tasks between co-workers or clients? You've found the right app for that! With Tallyfy - you can automate tasks and business processes - within minutes.
Let's resume the rest of this article!
Tallyfy uses simple lists that still have all the features of flowcharts
Problem — just IT and process analysts map processes. Managers crave real power to map a process themselves
Tallyfy is the only tool that enables collaboration amongst any kind of role/person — since most people understand the simplicity of the tool in 60 seconds. The alternative to Newgen is not really an alternative at all — it’s an inevitable switch.
Problem — nobody looks at process maps. You need your processes to be in simple, executable list format
This means you need workflow software like Tallyfy that actually provides that simplicity, along with the power you need.
Consider a beautiful alternative to Newgen — Tallyfy
It integrates to everything, and it actually works for everyone.
Take a look at a video demo of Tallyfy below, as a viable, user-friendly alternative to Newgen.