This is about the strengths and weaknesses of AuraPortal BPM along with a viable alternative to AuraPortal (Tallyfy). Most of it is borrowed from Gartner, with some portions edited and cleaned up.
AuraPortal confirmed its position among the top iBPMS vendors for all major use cases in this market. Although it is still considered one of the smaller vendors, AuraPortal is expanding its market reach beyond its traditional focus on smaller, emerging and less-mature markets (mostly in Latin America, the Middle East and Europe). This analysis pertains to AuraPortal Helium.
Strengths of AuraPortal BPM
- AuraPortal has introduced advanced process management and case management capabilities. The new Universal Watcher feature (a service that subscribes to defined business events spanning running processes), combined with a simulation and scenario-testing environment designed with the business user in mind, adds to the process intelligence capabilities.
- AuraPortal has a single integrated repository for processes, cases, content, web content, rules, collaboration and project management. This repository creates an environment that supports citizen developers in creating applications with little or no involvement from IT staff.
- Rather than having to purchase the entire suite at one time, organizations can purchase individual modules as they mature their BPM capabilities. This practice, coupled with attractive pricing options, makes AuraPortal Helium popular with midmarket buyers.
Weaknesses of AuraPortal BPM
- New features with nonintuitive names (for example, Secure Rooms, distributed task control and Dynamically Activated Divisions), combined with complex use cases (for example, interactions between case management style process instances spanning multiple process-centric applications), are powerful but may be off-putting to end-user/citizen developers.
- AuraPortal has an emerging presence in North America. It will face significant challenges to expand sales, marketing and alliances in this extremely competitive market.
- The native IoT capabilities in the version of AuraPortal Helium that we evaluated lag behind those of other leading vendors. New partnerships with IoT vendors such as Libelium may help AuraPortal catch up in future releases.
Alternative to AuraPortal BPM — Tallyfy
Problem — old BPM makes modelling complicated
A great alternative to AuraPortal would be the ability to model processes simply. Just because you have some big BPMN model doesn’t make you clever or useful. In the end, people can/will still have to actually do the process, which comes down to email/spreadsheets (unless you want a 6-month IT project). It’s simply ridiculous to use BPMN in today’s age — where people collaborate and don’t follow flowcharts anyway. Any alternative to AuraPortal must entirely remove the use of flowcharts and in particular — BPMN. Unlike what you’ve heard about BPMN — it’s not a “standard” at all — as each vendor creates their own flavor of it. This makes the much-touted “standard” and “portability” aspect of it next to impossible to achieve.
Problem — just IT and process analysts map processes. Managers crave real power to map a process themselves
Tallyfy is the only tool that enables collaboration amongst any kind of role/person — since most people understand the simplicity of the tool in 60 seconds. The alternative to AuraPortal is not really an alternative at all — it’s an inevitable switch.
Problem — nobody looks at process maps. You need your processes to be in simple, executable list format
This means you need workflow software like Tallyfy that actually provides that simplicity, along with the power you need.
Consider a beautiful alternative to AuraPortal — Tallyfy
It integrates to everything, and it actually works for everyone.
Take a look at a video demo of Tallyfy below, as a viable, user-friendly alternative to AuraPortal.
Warning: Are you thinking of purchasing a legacy, flowchart-driven BPM platform?
Don't! Learn why here.