This is about the strengths and weaknesses of AgilePoint BPM along with a viable alternative for AgilePoint (Tallyfy). Much of it is borrowed from Gartner, with some portions edited and cleaned up.
AgilePoint iBPMS is a Microsoft-centric platform that consists of an integrated core set of components (AppBuilder, eForms Builder, Data Sources and Reports) used to create mission-critical business applications. Together, these components provide an integrated application development platform that enables business and IT to collaborate throughout the development life cycle. The following analysis refers to AgilePoint iBPMS NX v.6, which is available on-premises as well as cloud-native bpmPaaS.
Pros of AgilePoint BPM
- Customers view AgilePoint as a cost-effective option for organizations that want all of the essential capabilities of an iBPMS. AgilePoint NX Cloud offers an attractive starting point for applications that scale well to enterprise needs.
- Although it’s not limited to integration with Microsoft products, because of its strong integration with the Microsoft stack, AgilePoint iBPMS is a natural fit for organizations with a heavy investment in Microsoft technologies. In addition to providing iBPMS support for SharePoint and Office 365, AgilePoint’s iBPMS adapter allows you to add robust iBPMS capabilities to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform and Salesforce.
- AgilePoint offers a highly integrated toolset, which executes applications on a wide variety of devices using a responsive UI. The design experience in the latest version is drastically improved by the reduced dependence on external tools for process modeling.
Cons of AgilePoint BPM
- While AgilePoint has focused on simplifying the authoring experience, customer references surveyed by Gartner indicated a lower degree of satisfaction with the ease of use of the product than a majority of the other vendors included in this research. They cited a need for greater IT developer involvement in the creation and modification of process flows and business rules. While AgilePoint has improved the amount of training and documentation, customer references, many of whom have chosen to forge ahead with little support from the vendor, have struggled to make the transition from earlier versions of the product to the latest NX version.
- AgilePoint provides only basic analytics capabilities. It is not suited for implementations that require complex business rules, CEP and complicated reporting, or advanced analytics.
- AgilePoint has few examples of customers composing intelligent business process and digitalized process applications.
Alternative to AgilePoint BPM — Tallyfy
Problem — old BPM makes modelling complicated
A great alternative to AgilePoint would be the ability to model processes simply. Just because you have some big BPMN model doesn’t make you clever or useful. In the end, people can/will still have to actually do the process, which comes down to email/spreadsheets (unless you want a 6-month IT project). It’s simply ridiculous to use BPMN in today’s age — where people collaborate and don’t follow flowcharts anyway. Any alternative to AgilePoint must entirely remove the use of flowcharts and in particular — BPMN. Unlike what you’ve heard about BPMN — it’s not a “standard” at all — as each vendor creates their own flavor of it. This makes the much-touted “standard” and “portability” aspect of it next to impossible to achieve.
Tallyfy uses simple lists that still have all the features of flowcharts
Problem — just IT and process analysts map processes. Managers crave real power to map a process themselves
Tallyfy is the only tool that enables collaboration amongst any kind of role/person — since most people understand the simplicity of the tool in 60 seconds. The alternative to AgilePoint is not really an alternative at all — it’s an inevitable switch.
Problem — nobody looks at process maps. You need your processes to be in simple, executable list format
This means you need workflow software like Tallyfy that actually provides that simplicity, along with the power you need.
Consider a beautiful alternative to AgilePoint — Tallyfy
It integrates to everything, and it actually works for everyone.
Take a look at a video demo of Tallyfy below, as a viable, user-friendly alternative to AgilePoint.